Case Study – Salesforce
How Smartdata helped integrate Epicor, with Salesforce.
Yaskawa Motoman is an American subsidiary of the Japanese company Yaskawa Electric Corporation. Yaskawa Motoman is the second largest robotics company in the Americas. Motoman came to Smartdata needing a solution to integrate their Existing CRM Epicor with Salesforce. Smartdata completed the project on time with additional “nice-to-haves” and under budget.
Hybrid Offshore Model
Yaskawa Motoman is an American subsidiary of the Japanese company Yaskawa Electric Corporation. Yaskawa Motoman produces robotic automation for industry and robotic applications, including arc welding, assembly, cleanroom, coating, dispensing, material cutting (laser, plasma, waterjet), materials handling, materials removal, and spot welding. According to Yaskawa Motoman’s official website, Yaskawa Motoman is the second largest robotics company in the Americas. Motoman came to Smartdata needing a solution to integrate their Existing CRM Epicor with Salesforce.
Yaskawa Motoman wanted to integrate its ERP system, Epicor, with Salesforce. The original solution Yaskawa Motoman used had many errors, sync was slow, small changes ended up being multi-week projects. All in all the solution was very difficult to maintain and needed to be replaced.
- Smart Data and Yaskawa Motoman approached this engagement with an Agile approach, specifically using the Scrum framework.
- Remote due to COVID and different locations
- One week sprints (M-F)
- Sprint Events & Meetings: Daily Scrum, Sprint Review, Sprint Retrospective, Sprint Planning, and Backlog Refinement
- Meetings and collaboration took place in the morning for Ohio teammates and at night for India teammates
- Devs followed a strict process. Provided instructions document to help with testing (very helpful for Motoman)
- Although the developers have experience with SalesForce and systems integrations, Epicor was an unfamiliar technology
- The developers are located in India while everyone else was in Ohio
- Development lasted 10 Sprints
- Completed desired product goal on time and under budget
- New integration takes about ~10 seconds vs ~10 minutes with the old solution
- The new solution is much easier to maintain for the in-house staff at Yaskawa Motoman
- Yaskawa Motoman hopes to work with the same team in the future
The summary of the result can be outlined as:
Under Budget: 6% under forecast/budget
Successful on-time delivery: We completed development with some additional “nice-to-haves” a week before the desired project end time.