SAP S/4HANA Cloud 2111 is the most recent version of SAP S/4HANA Cloud, the Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) version of the SAP S/4HANA ERP system. Released on October 27th this year, it is packed with innovative features that make business processes more streamlined and efficient.
Here are some of those features businesses might be interested in:
- The Fiori ‘Maintain Time-Dependent Stock Levels’ application allows businesses to display, create and update time-dependent stock levels for safety stock they want to hold for specific materials.
- Now, SAP Fiori applications can be enhanced to support split valuations in the goods-receipt process. Businesses can select their valuation type based on the configuration settings, show the assigned valuation type for the split valued material and even create their global valuation types.
- Customer service managers can achieve better insights into stock spare part availability and ensure reservation of planned quantities with enhanced service order planning based on spare part reservation. The planned spare parts are reserved as soon as a service order is released, which results in tighter integration with follow-up processes and more accurate service order planning. There are also follow-up replenishment processes that get started immediately in case of a shortage in stock to ensure that there is no delay in service delivery.
- This version extends SAP Intelligent Real Estate to corporate and commercial organizations. SAP Intelligent Real Estate comes with a centralized master data cloud model that enables end-to-end business processes between company headquarters and subsidiary branches for commercial and corporate needs. It also enables intelligent leasing decisions and supports different leasing scenarios like intercompany leasing, external lease-out, and internal occupancy of company spaces through embedded analytics and integration with asset accounting.
- SAP Document and Reporting Compliance is a holistic solution to fulfill all types of reporting mandates- from real-time business e-documents to statutory reports- through a unified dashboard that manages the compliance processes and communication status updates of the electronic documents. Managements can analyze electronic business documents and follow up on rejections through a centralized global cockpit of continuous transaction controls.
- We increase Sales flexibility by enabling the logistical follow-up activity ‘send back to the customer’ in the Fiori application Manage Customer Relations. This allows for the easy return of order items without a refund for them. This is a predefined process that reduces manual labor and time.
- Enterprises can plan and manage human resource management with direct staffing through the Manage Project Demand application. In addition to this, enterprises can also plan, trigger, and monitor the procurement of material resources. This planning can be done either in a high-level way depending on the activity type and planning, or in a more specific way by directing the staff resources to meet the demand.
The above barely scrape the surface of what SAP S/4HANA Cloud 2111 has to offer, and how it will make business processes more effective.
In 2020, SAP announced that it will cease all mainstream maintenance to the older SAP Business Suite 7 after 2027. This must be more than enough incentive for enterprises to make the jump to SAP S/4HANA.
Though moving to SAP S/4HANA comes with a lot of considerations, like the overall cost, or the time taken by the enterprise to get used to new software, or a functioning upheaval across departments, industry experts believe that migration would be cost and time-effective in the long run.
Some reasons businesses need to move to SAP S/4HANA as soon as they can:
- SAP S/4HANA is an advanced suite of best practices and has been striving towards product maturity since its inception in 2018. Customers can get full support from the entire SAP ecosystem in case of bugs and other issues.
- SAP will stop supporting old ERP platforms after 2027, and with a limited number of knowledgeable consultants to guide companies to a successful migration, companies that procrastinate on making the shift to SAP S/4HANA would eventually rush to migrate creating a bottleneck of SAP consultants. Moving to SAP S/4HANA while there is still time is much smoother in comparison.
- A lot of modules from older ERP systems can be carried forward to SAP S/4HANA without disrupting the business activities, as SAP S/4HANA gives businesses the flexibility to continue using those older functionalities even after migrating.
This is all you need to know about SAP S/4HANA and its latest version. Companies must make the shift to SAP S/4HANA as soon as possible, as it is not a question of capability but that of time- and there is no better time than now!